Thursday, April 2, 2015



             After reading some pages from the story Maps to anywhere I was really drawn in just by reading a couple of paragraphs in the story. For example on page 55 in the book this statement was very vivid descriptive ''My mothers obsession with nutrition she brought every book that extolled the virtue of vitamins of herbal remedies. The mother personality came through in the story she was very  caring about her families health and well being. Her personality reminded me of my grandmothers. It was interesting that i could figured out the mothers personality just by reading a few sentences in the story. I like how the author described the mother in story, she seems like a typical mother in world.
         I think that the maps to any where is going to be a very good read because just by reading the first set pages its very descriptive. Another part I found to be interesting to me in the story was when the father in story had his own obsession. The father seemed as if he was obsessed with staying young. For example in the story he stated that "Look at these grey hairs Lil, there a different texture from most". The father wasn't happy with aging at all. His personality was high lighted through out the story. He was a man who had a bit of a wild adventurous side to him, I think that both parent in the story personalities are very vivid and detailed. Its amazing how the author put  so much thought into making the characters personalities come to life, so readers can understand character traits.
      When I continue to read I hope to find out about other characters in the story. I also want to to figure out the whole concept of the story. For instance the title is maps to anywhere I would like to find out more about where the father and son are traveling to. I like reading about the essays in the book so I hope to accomplish many vivid descriptive essays. Im glad I am reading about very interesting writers and there essays. Theses essays are helping me create my own,
   

1 comment:

  1. really great responses here the past few weeks, well done!

    ReplyDelete