Thursday, April 9, 2015

   I have had a very interesting week.  Tuesday April the 7th I had to have a medical procedure done called an endoscopy. An Endoscopy is a procedure were a small flexible tube with a light and camera Is put place into the stomach to view the digestive tract. Pictures are taken and biopies are taken from from the stomach  to look at any abnormal functions in the stomach. I had this procedure done before in 2012 because I have really bad acid reflux. I have been sick with acid reflux for quit sometime. It usually goes away when I take over the counter medicines but this particular time of this year it has been a constant problem. I have been sick since the beginning of March bad stomach aches and hard for me to eat. I finally went to the doctor March 31, and my doctor told me about solving my issue.
    I was very nervous since March 31st since my doctor told me to have the procedure done. I don't like the fact of a long tune in my belly even though I wasn't going to feel it.  Tuesday came and my whole entire body was num. I thought everything that could be wrong inside my stomach. I even thought about the anesthesiologist poking and picking at my skin to find my veins to insert the needle
I was very nervous when the nurse begin to prep me. I was given a green and blue hospital gown  with brown hospital socks. The nurse took my blood pressure and smiled and told me that it was very good. The nurse told me to relax and that I would be fine. My mother, sisters and aunt waved good by had I was taken in the back for the endoscopy procedure. I was pushed to the room, with bright lights.
    When I got into the room I seen my doctor and three nurses. They all introduced themselves and smiled and told me everything going be ok. The anesthesiologist told me that the medicine will burn me for just a little bit. The anesthesiologist told me turn over to my right side as she took the medicine in my arm. I screamed ouch and everybody laughed I laughed as well. A oxygen mask was placed on my face, and  my eyes grew tired and suddenly I was sleep. I don't remember much just that I had a great sleep. My doctor and three nurses tapped me and woke me up and I began to cry hysterically looking for my twin sister calling her name. She was right next to me and she hugged me and said your fine Sis we are all here. I was very drowsy I couldn't hardly move. I went back to sleep and my nurse came in and gave me apple juice and graham crackers. My doctor told my family and I had slot acid build up in my belly. I had to take these giant pills to keep the acid down in my stomach.            I was relieved that no ulcer or any other complications were present. I am very blessed that my situation is treatable. I was discharged the next day because I was unable to drive nor walk after because of the anesthetic medicine. I was still drowsy the day I came home I sleep the entire day away. I took my meds and still was feeling tired and craved for real food. I wasn't expecting to be out four days. I am currently at home still feeling a little tired but my stomach should be functioning normal in a few months, after I finish my medication and stay sway from certain foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment