Thursday, March 26, 2015



          I am very intrestimg in the new unit that focuses on Essay writing. When focussing on an essay my first thought is that essays are very structured. Essays include introduction body paragraphs and a well thought out conclusion. I am not a fan of writing essays because there judged so harshly. For instance, when I was in High school the essays that had to prepare me for major exams like the am ACT. I didn't like the state your opinion essays they were so bland. There was no life in writing essays, for along time until I started my college English courses. The topics were interesting sometimes. I like writing but essays are my least favorite. I have always wrote good essays but I felt like my essays were boring nothing really stuck out to me because of the topics I probaly was given.
          One of the first stories that were interesting  to me in the Essay packet was the story Mute Dancers: How to watch a Huming bird. I liked all the facts about the humming bird. I wasn't reall familiar with some of the things that were said about the humming bird. For example I didn't know a Humming bird ate evert 15 mintues. One other intestering statement was that "If you frighten a Humming Bird and it's heart can race to over 1,200 times a minute. I never knew that. The author was very fascinated with humming birds. The author was exploring the rain forest when she was stating all of the facts about the humming bird. I liked reading this story because the humming bird is a very peaceful creature that sings in it's own way. I liked the authors way of describing the humming bird. For example the title itself gave me understanding of the humming bird being a mute dancer.
                I have also had the opportunity to read the story lenses. The story lenses was very interesting to read. One point in the stortbthstvwas interesting  to me was that the character in the story was looking through the lenses the entire time in the story. The theme of the story seem to be nature. The character in the sorry observered everything in the pond. For example, according to  this statement through binoculars I followed the swans, swinging where they flew. The author gave a very great description about the swans. For instance the author states that All their feathers were white, their eyes were black.the wing span was six feet, they were big than I was. They flew unison. It was  interesting how the character watching the swans actually told the readers what the story was about before readers could figure it out, this statement gave readers an understanding But, oddly this is a story about swans, it is not even a story, it is a description of swans. This story was well writen.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment