Friday, March 6, 2015

The Girl with the Blackend eye



              After reading the stories from the fiction packet the story that caught my eye was The Girl with the Blackend Eye. The girl with the Blackend eye was one the most deepest stories I read. Joyce Oates was very creative and vivid details in this story. Everything that happened in this story seemed to be so real. For instance, in beginning of the story, she states When they found me, my hair was wild and tangled like broom safe. It couldn't be combed through, had to be cut from my head clumps. something sticky like cobwebs was in it. I could visualize everything that she described about herself.
        When I read the first page of the story I automatically thought that the story was about a women being abused by her spouse. As I read on, the story developed into a women who 27 years old telling about her past when she was 15 years old. Something that was significant to me was when she described what it was like to be forcibly abducted. For example she states Forcibly abducted is like being in a plane crash, or struck by lightening, there wouldn't be any human agent almost. That specific statement blew my mind I couldn't even imagine anything like that to happen to someone.
        The women in the story was very strong and wise. I think that women everywhere should read this story because maybe they have had the same experience or have went through abuse with a spouse. This story could help a women as well tell her story even though this is a fictional story it still could impact a women's life someday. This story gave me a lot of insight and knowledge on victim s who have been abused. This story opened my eyes to a lot of  things in life that could affect some one. This story may encourage some women to speak out and help other women who are silently holding on to there secrets and not telling family and friends what they have been through.
         The Girl with Blackend eye was actually one of my favorite stories to read. I could actually see this story on the lifetime. I couldn't stop reading this story every expect was deep.  One part that I flund to bf touching is when the narrator thought she was dreaming so she made this statement No one will ever know. She kept her secret for 27 years. She even seen images of the msn who abducted her in her present life. I think this story was brillant, because it seemed so real. Good read for me!
         

           

No comments:

Post a Comment