Thursday, February 12, 2015

Writing Response to Goldberg

      After reading some selections from Writing Down the Bones,I was drawn in  a couple sections.  I was drawn in by s few sections because a lot things that Is discussed in the sections I have experienced as a writer. For instance the author made a point about practicing. For instance d The author made a comparison  between running and writing, she stated that "The Practice of school writing is like running, The more you do it the better you will get at it."  I believe that Goldberg made a comparison between running and writing because there is a process in which you go through in writing you have to through a series of steps to actually become a good writer, as well as becoming a great runner.
      Goldberg also discussed in the practice section was  how to write. She stated that "When you write don't say I'm going to write a poem" that attitude will freezes you up" I found this statement to be very true because when writing a poem writers block occurs because you think about the situation far to much and things don't come to mind as fast when you think about it too hard. I like the fact that Natilie Goldberg is straight to the point and gives feedback. I have had this experience  when I write, I would literally say what I'm going to write and I over think everything so I am glad that Natilie Goldberg addressed this situation.
       One another selection in Writing down to the bones that was very knowledgable to me is "Be specific. In this section Goldberg talked about how important it is to Be specific when you write. When your writing, details can make your paper or poem go along way. The more detail that is added to your paper the more interesting your paper becomes. Readers can get a better understanding as well when you add a lot detail to what your talking about. Goldbergststed that "Give things the dignity of there name. This quote is so true, giving something a meaning is a important concept in writing a poem, because when your writing you can put so much passion and thought and meaning to something brings life to your poem or paper.

   This book has so many great sections. I like the fact that in each section advice is giving to writers. It's great how the author pinpointed out some the issues I have when writing. It's like an problem and solution factor. The author is very creative how she made comparisons or metaphors through out the selections I have read. One particular creative selection was when she compared writing to baking. The ingrediants to writing is detail I found that statement to be very catchy. I didn't know that this book would be relatable. I like when I read something that I can relate to or even a book that offeres advice is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment