Thursday, January 15, 2015

Writing Response




After reading Ted Berrigans The Sonnets I noticed that Ted Berrigan uses traditional  elements from Shakes spears sonnets. The sonnet was very confusing at first. I had to re read it a of couple times just to get an clear understanding. The third stanza in the Sonnet he states "Of Marilyn Monroe her teeth white I am truly horribly upset because Marilyn ate King Korn"I didn't understand the comparison between Marilyn Monroe's white teeth and king corn pop corn. I wanted to understand what the writer was trying to get at when he said that. Towards the end of the poem. Shakepeare sonnets are hard to understand at first, until I look at the translation or re read it. Both writers have a way with words that makes some readers hard to understand what is being said. I can tell the writer emotions changed he talked about Marilyn Monroe's death. He stated in the poem '' I LOVE YOU" and  after he says that his emotions shift. He says takes the eyes away from gray words, The black heart beside the fifteen pieces. Shakespeare Sonnets have similar emotional changes.

      I like the fact that writer incorporated Marilyn Monroe. She had some dark and glorious moments in her life. The author may have gave readers insight of dark and bright aspects of life. Each line  in the  Sonnet The I could sympathize What  the writer was feeling. For instance, he stated ''The Black heart beside the 15 pieces, Monroe died. so I went to a matinee B movie washed by joes throbbing hands.  The author style of writing is similar to Shakespeare but it is very different because the writers emotions were incorporated in the poem, I could actually envision Marilyn Monroes death. The writer is similar to Shakespeare because his deep sorrow he had, some of Shakespeare sonnets were tragedies. I can also get a sense of sorrow when reading his sonnets.

ShakesPeare and Ted Berrigan both draw the audience in using specific words to get the audience attention For instance Ted Berrigan drew me into the poem by saying “He is not in it, the hungry doctor is dead.” Those words ran chills down my spine. I was drawn in instantly. Even in one of Shakes Speares Sonnets. stated that spreads beneath tha sword. In Shakes Peare Sonnet he states that ‘’Those lines that I before have write di lie” I wanted to continue to read further and discover what the lie was about. Ted Berrigan is an brilliant modern day writer and Shakespeare is a classic historical writer from the past. Both writers are phenomenal.





 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment