Thursday, January 22, 2015

Writing Down To the Bones




           After reading Writing down to the bones, I learned about the importance of Detail. I like the fact that Natilie Goldberg gave so many pointers about adding details to a paper or even a story. I think that details helps the reader understand what is being talked about in a story or paper. Natilie made a great point in this chapter when she stated that your paper will be believable and truthful just when adding a detailed description. For instance, one example she gave in the chapter was a bar in New Orleans, She described where the bar was, what was in the bar, and the exact location with the street name.
          I find Natile Goldberg to be a brilliant writer. I think reading her book can help me develop as a writer. I like that every chapter describes what has to be done point by point. For instance, she starts off one chapter with the supplies that you need before reading paper pen, then she addresses the thought process. Every chapter is helpful, because she actually gives writers the tools before  began to write. I think she is a phenomenal writer because she spreads her gift of writing to others by teaching young writers how to write a story, a poem, or a paper.
      
        One other chapter I read in Writing down to the bones was about writers having an Artistic ability. I agree with Natilie because a writer should have an Artistic ability. Writers should have the ability to be artistic when writing so that readers are interested and so that the writer can form ga unique style in writing. For instance, writers such as Shakespeare and Langston Hughs had unique artistic styles of writing. Readers today enjoy writing poems and sonnets from both writers due to their unique ability. Natilie Goldberge book is a great read and is very helpful I hope to become a better writer just from taking pointers from her.

1 comment: